Pages

Saturday 9 November 2013

Vintage Finds

Hi friends!!

So... as you know... I adore vintage decor. On a spur of the moment trip... my fiance and I decided to check out the Super Flea Market and Old Strathcona Antique mall. Needless to say I was in my element... beautiful china teacups... old trunks and luggage... vintage silver... I could have stayed in there for hours! Here are a few of the things I purchased:

These teacup/saucer combos I was able to find at both the Flea Market and Antique Mall. Each set cost under $10. While the flea market can sometimes feel like finding a needle in a hay sack... there are some great treasures if you have the time to look. As well, at the Flea Market you can barter with each vendor to get an even better deal whereas at the Antique mall prices are more fixed. Out of the two locations though, my favourite is The Strathcona Antique Mall. They have an enormous selection and almost anytime I turned my head I found something I fell in love with. They have everything from clothing, toys, furniture, you name it!



My favourite teacup of the lot
2

I bought these lovely mirrored trays at the Antique Mall. The larger one was $18 and the smaller one was $15. I thought they would look great to display perfume or jewelry!

Another mirrored tray ($12 from the Antique Mall) and a silver tray ($18 from the Flea Market) 


I have been looking for luggage for display purposes. These were perfect for what I had in mind and cost only $40 for the duo.


Check these places out and let me know what treasures you find!

Haiku Lane
xo





No comments:

Post a Comment